Sunday, January 4, 2015

Cashew Coconut Spice Cookies {Grain free, Refined Sugar free & Dairy free}



About a week ago, I just decided to throw some stuff together and try to create some kind of a chewy granola cookie. I started to pour unsweetened, shredded coconut into my bowl, then I stopped myself and decided to measure out my ingredients before I continued. I am so glad I did, because these cookies are so delicious and now I can re-make them instead of guess about porportions! So, here it is...

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup shredded, organic, unsweetened coconut
  • 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
  • 2 tablespoons cashew butter
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 extra ripe banana
  • Stevia to taste
Directions:

1. Mix first 8 ingredients together in a medium sized bowl with a fork. Once combined, add stevia to taste.
2. Line a cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
3. Flatten small amounts of dough until 1/4 inch thick, forming a cookie shape around 2-3 inches in diameter. 
4. Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes. I think they are best warm. ;)

God Bless!
Megan



1 comment:

  1. For the cashew butter, we like to soak the cashews overnight in warm water and sea salt. In the morning, rinse them and if you want you can dehydrate them. Then you can just put them in a blender with a little coconut oil and blend until a nut butter consistency. ;)

    ReplyDelete