- 6 large local or home grown egg yolks
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup organic heavy cream
- 2 cups organic whole milk
- 2 teaspoons non-irradiated nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Whisk together egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl until light and creamy. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, bring the cream, milk, nutmeg and salt to a bare simmer, stirring constantly to avoid burning the milk. Slowly add all of the cream and milk mixture to the eggs and sugar, quickly whisking to avoid little bits of cooked egg.
3. Pour all ingredients back into the sauce pan on the stove, over medium heat, whisking constantly until it reaches 160* F.
4. Remove from heat, whisk in vanilla extract.
5. Refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with nutmeg and add cinnamon sticks. Enjoy!
We highly recommend using organic ingredients. If you're going to go through all of the effort, might as well take the extra step. It is worth it!