Thursday, January 1, 2015

Natural Deodorant Recipe



Using natural deodorant is now extremely important to me. I used to use antiperspirant, but then, when I became aware of all the nasty chemicals, I went on a mission to make my own. I tried natural ones in the past, but they never cut it and they weren't "natural" like they claimed to be.  I learned that in 26 seconds your body begins to absorb 60% of what we put on it, including chemicals, which then enter our bloodstream. So we really shouldn't be putting anything on our body we wouldn't feel comfortable eating. 

Sweating is our body's natural way of releasing toxins and regulating body temperature. Clogging our sweat glands with chemicals is only holding toxins in and causing nasty side effects. Sure, we may smell nice, but we can do that without the chemicals. ;) So here is the recipe! 

Deodorant Recipe:
  •  4 tbsp Coconut Oil (antibacterial)
  •  2 tbsp Baking Soda (neutralize odors)
  •  2 tbsp Arrowroot Powder (thickens and absorbs moisture)
  •  15-20 drops of essential oil*
Directions: Stir all ingredients together and store in a glass jar. Apply a pea size amount to clean, dry underarm. Enjoy your toxic free armpits. ;)

*Note: I recommend using antibacterial essential oils such as lavender, tea tree, Lemon and Rosemary. There are more, but those are a few to get you started. My personal favorites for deodorant are a combination of lemon, sweet orange and lime. I am a sucker for citrus!

If deodorant is stored at a temperature of 76* Fahrenheit or greater, it will liquify. You can still use it, however it may be more challenging to apply. Deodorant may sting if applied to cuts or open skin.

Please let us know how you like the recipe.

God Bless!
Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment