Monday, March 30, 2015

Coconut Oil Pre-Shampoo Conditioner

















Coconut oil is hands down my favorite oil! It is a natural, completely safe, multi purpose oil. I like to use it for:

  • Baking & Cooking
  • Dairy free butter substitute 
  • Make up remover
  • Body & Face Moisturizer
  • Natural Sunscreen
  • Cuticle Oil
  • Mix it with baking soda for toothpaste
  • Oil Pulling
  • Oil Cleansing
  • My deodorant recipe HERE

One of my favorites uses for coconut oil, however, is to use it as a pre-shampoo conditioner. All you have to do is evenly distribute the coconut oil in your dry hair, leave it on for 1/2 hour or overnight (I would put a towel over your pillow so you don't get your pillow case all oily). Then, simply shampoo and condition your hair. My hair is always really soft, easy to brush and it just looks and feels healthier. 

If you give this a try please let me know what you think! 

What are some of your favorite uses for coconut oil? 


No comments:

Post a Comment