Long time no post! I have been crazy busy, but I finally have a free Saturday and an extremely delicious recipe to share with you!
These spring rolls are so good. We have been making them daily for the last few weeks. I am finally getting around to posting them!
The fun thing about this recipe is you can really play around with the ingredients. Since the main ingredient in these spring rolls is, well obviously cabbage, I like to add chicken for more protein and to make them more filling, but they are delicious without. You'll need:
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup carrots (shredded or thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 2-3 tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tsp pomegranate balsamic vinegar
- 8-10 spring roll rice wrappers
- 2-3 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- If you're using chicken, cut it into small bite sized pieces. Add it to a large frying pan along with the oil and cook on medium heat.
- Once the chicken is done, scramble the eggs in with the chicken.
- When the eggs are done cooking, add your chopped cabbage and shredded carrots.
- Cook vegetables until desired or until limp. I don't cook the vegetables all of the way, I like them slightly raw.
- Turn off the burner and add your sesame oil, pomegranate balsamic vinegar and sea salt. I don't have exact measurements, just follow your taste buds.
- Fill a pie pan or cake pan with warm water and soak one sheet of rice paper for about 30 seconds.
- Add a scoop of the cabbage mixture on top of the rice paper and wrap up like a burrito.
- Repeat until all of the chicken and cabbage mixture is gone.
Like I said, you can play around with the ingredients, the measurements aren't exact.
This recipe makes enough for 2-3 people. Only requires one pan. Simple, healthy, inexpensive ingredients and extremely delicious.
Try out the recipe and let me know what you think, this is definitely one of my family's favorites!