This granola is simple to make, but it does take some time. So, plan ahead and it will be well worth it!
Here is what you'll need:
- 2 cups Raw Cashews
- 1 cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup packed Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder or extract
- Sea Salt to taste
1. Soak your raw nuts and seeds in room temperature water overnight or at least for ten hours. When they are done soaking, strain them and rinse well.
2. Add your dates to a high speed blender along with 2 tbsp of room temperature water. Turn your blender on and add more water if needed. You should end up with a thick "paste".
3. In a large bowl, mix together your nuts, seeds, date paste and shredded coconut. Begin adding vanilla, cinnamon and salt to taste.
4. Spread your granola onto parchment lined baking sheets or onto dehydrator trays if you want to keep the nuts and seeds raw. I just put mine in the oven at 170* stirring every 45 minutes for 5-8 hours.
5. Let cool and enjoy with coconut milk or organic cows milk, enjoy on yogurt or by itself!
Store in the refrigerator for about a week or in the freezer to extend the shelf life.
Enjoy and feel free to customize your granola. You can add cacao or carob, dried fruit and different spices! Get creative! :)