Sunday, November 1, 2015

Spinach Salad (Gluten & Grain Free)


One year ago today, I gave up all refined sugars and went on a really strict allergy elimination diet due to numerous health problems. When I first started the diet, I grieved food. I remember sitting on the couch in my living room, crying as my sister was baking chocolate chip cookies. It was pretty bad, but I stuck it out and oh boy did it pay off! My health finally took a turn for the good and I am so thankful. 

At first creating recipes was a complete disaster. Most didn't turn out, but I could just give them to the pigs, so thankfully nothing was wasted. With a lot of experimenting, I learned how to cook and bake for my dietary restrictions. 

I just want to encourage you not to give up. It will be worth it. But remember be patient and gentle with your body, it takes time to heal. :)

So, to celebrate my one year anniversary, I want to share one of my absolute favorite recipes with y'all! 

Here is what you'll need: 
  • 1 big handful of organic spinach 
  • 5-6 portobello mushrooms 
  • feta cheese (omit if dairy free)
  • 5-7 organic sun dried tomatoes (quartered)
  • balsamic vinegar 
  • 1 tsp olive or coconut oil
Directions:
  • Quarter your mushrooms and cook in oil of your choice on medium heat until tender.
  • Add a big handful of spinach to your plate or bowl.
  • Top spinach with sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, feta cheese and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. 
This salad is really simple to make, but absolutely bursting with flavor. Please try it out and let me know what you think! 

God Bless!
Megan

P.S. What are some of your dietary restrictions? 




No comments:

Post a Comment