Sunday, December 27, 2015

Chocolate Cashew Smoothie (AIP & Paleo option)

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! We had some family over and had a relaxed evening.

Even in the middle of winter, I love drinking smoothies, I guess it is the Alaskan in me. :) So, today I am sharing one of my favorite recipes with you! 


  • 1 cup of milk (I used raw goats milk, but you can use coconut, cashew milk etc. ;)
  • 1 extra ripe organic banana (frozen)
  •  2 tbsp cocoa powder (substitute with carob if AIP)
  • 2 tbsp cashew butter (substitute with sun butter if nut free or omit if AIP)
  • 1 tbsp gelatin (this kind) (optional, but highly recommend for extra protein to keep you full longer)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or powder
  • 1/2 tsp stevia (this kind)
  • 1/2 cup ice

Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth! 

Yields 1 delicious smoothie!

Love,
Megan :)

P.S. Happy Feast of the Holy Family! 

1 comment:

  1. This smoothie is absolutely delicious!!! Everyone that's tried it loves it.

    ReplyDelete